Director of Communications
Democracy Collaborative Offers Paid Year-Long Junior Fellowship in Communications and Research
The Democracy Collaborative, a national research institute developing new strategies to build community wealth and exploring systemic transformations to a more democratic economy, is pleased to announce a one-year paid Junior Fellowship. The selected candidate will work alongside our communications and research teams.
Applications are due by December 15th. The selected candidate should be prepared to start in early January 2015.
- Assist the Communications Coordinator with the production and posting of web content.
- Assist with development of outreach and communications strategies.
- Provide general assistance for ongoing communications and media work.
- Assist the Senior Research Associate with ongoing administrative and organizational tasks.
- Assist with several large, long-term research projects.
- Provide research, writing, and editing support for journal articles, reports, and book chapters.
- An ability to commit to 18 hours/week working out of our Washington, DC and Takoma Park, MD offices
- Experience with content management systems
- Research experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
Not required, but helpful:
- Experience with publicity and media work
- Basic graphic design skills
- Audio/video production experience
- Experience with constituent relationship management systems, e.g. Salesforce
An agreement to work for a minimum of one year is required. Position can extend beyond one year by mutual agreement.
The Junior Fellow will receive a $12 hourly stipend and will be considered an “independent contractor”. To receive full consideration, please submit applications by December 5th. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and a 3- to 5-page writing sample to the Democracy Collaborative to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Democracy Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.